|· Benign peripheral nerve sheath tumor composed of a mixture of Schwann cells, perineural cells, and fibroblasts, as well as cells with intermediate features.· In contrast to schwannoma, neurofibromas grow in a permeative fashion and overrun myelinated and unmyelinated fibers of the parent nerve.
· Who grade I
· Common tumors, usually solitary/sporadic lesions.
· Five distinct forms
· Localized cutaneous neurofibroma
· Painless, freely movable
· Diffuse cutaneous neurofibroma
· Localized intraneural neurofibroma
· Plexiform intraneural neurofibroma
· Massive soft tissue variant.